How do I join?
If you would like to join us, then new swimmers will be asked to attend an assessment session where they will be asked to swim a few lengths to enable the coaches to determine which lane would best suit their ability. Assessments are carried out once a month.

Membership Fees, for those in the Teaching group, include the ASA Membership Fee, which all swimmers require for insurance purposes. Club membership is renewed annually in September.

A membership application form will need to be completed along with a medical declaration form to advise of any pre-existing medical conditions and also emergency contact details.

Training Fees of £28 are paid on a monthly basis for the teaching groups.

How old do I have to be?

We usually take children from aged 5

Where do you swim?

We swim in a variety of locations using the swimming facilities at the University of Liverpool Sports and Fitness Centre, Everton Park,  Kirkby Leisure Centre,  Liverpool Aquatic Centre (Wavertree) and Knowsley Leisure and Culture Park (Huyton).


Can I attend any of the clubs’ training centres?

Some training sessions are by invitation only and suitable for advanced swimmers only. All swimmers are welcome to our main training centre at the University of Liverpool Sports and Fitness Centre. Please click for details of training sessions/times.

What kind of kit do I need?

Initially you will need a swimming costume, girls one piece boys will need briefs or jammers- no swimming shorts allowed. Anyone swimming with long hair needs a swimming cap. Goggles are also needed. Swimmers in coaching also need swimming fins, snorkel, pull buoy and a float. All these items can be bought through the club.

What training do the teachers or coaches have?

All trainers have completed level one IOS  in addition coaches will have completed level 2.  All trainers and coaches have a current CRB check.  None of the people who help run the club are paid, all give their time and commitment voluntarily.

Do I need to complete an annual ASA/British Swimming Medical Declaration form?

Any swimmer representing Great Britain or their Home Country internationally or competing in a British Swimming ASA, SASA or WASA National event MUST complete a Medication Declaration Form every year or whenever there is a change in your medication. This form is available via the British Swimming website. Please refer to the club handbook for more details.


I think I’d like to volunteer to help out at the club, what do I do?

Firstly, speak to one of our current volunteers or e-mail us the expression of interest form you can download below.
This can be anyone, – the club chairman, coaches and teachers or committee members.
Below is a link showing some roles and responsibilities within the club, but this is not an exhaustive list.
There will always be someone to help or advise you.
Any help you can offer, hopefully on a regular basis, will be most welcome by everyone currently involved
with Liverpool Penguin Swimming Club.



Download (PDF, 40KB)

ASA good club guides

 Contact us