Olympic Games Ticket Draw
You will be aware this year the Olympics are being held in London between July and August 2012, and that tickets for events have been sold out for many months. LPSC have successfully obtained 2 sets of tickets for this year’s Olympic Aquatic events, these having been obtained by our governing body the North West Region. Dates & Prices for these tickets are shown below.
Swimming 2 tickets.
3rd August Session 13 10:00am to 12:50pm Cost £50 each (£100 for the pair.)
(Was £150 each, Total £300)
Diving 2 tickets.
7th August Session 9 10:00am to 11:50am Cost £50 each (£100 for the pair.)
(Was £175 each, Total £350)
If you are interested in purchasing these tickets LPSC intend to hold a draw for the tickets so that you may visit the new Aquatic centre in London and watch the Olympics in person. The draw will take place at Kirkby Leisure Centre at 8:00pm on Monday 2nd April. In order to enter this draw you must be a fully paid up member of the club.
Rules that club members must abide by for entry to this draw are explained below.
- If you have paid your yearly annual membership fee to the club and have an ASA Registration number then you are eligible to enter the draw – this include swimmers (CAT 1 and CAT 2 members) and Coaches, Teachers, poolside helpers, committee members, Technical officials and Life Time members of the club(Cat 3 members).
- Some members of the club are families, in which case all of the individual members of the family, who are members of the club, and who have an ASA number, can enter the draw. It also means some of the younger swimmers in the teaching group can also enter the draw but the parents of the young swimmer would go to the Olympics (instead of the swimmer).
If you wish to take part in the draw then you are required to confirm your interest by Email to:
BEFORE Thursday 29th March 2012.
Your request will then be checked against the club’s membership records and if you are eligible to enter the draw then you will be allocated a number to be drawn out of the hat on Monday 2nd April.
Here are some other Guidelines and Questions requested by the Region and club.
- How do I pay for my tickets?
- By Cheque made payable to “Liverpool Penguin SC”
- Who do I give the cheque to?
- Keith Neary, Club Secretary LPSC.
- When does the payment need to be made?
- You will need to pay for the tickets no later than Wednesday 11th April 2012.
- How and when will I receive my winning tickets?
- Once the tickets have been received from the ASA, they will be forwarded to you.
- Are the tickets being sent out by recorded delivery?
- Yes, the tickets will be sent by Recorded Delivery
- Can I give my tickets away/sell them to a member of my family/friend?
- No, the tickets cannot be given away or sold on EBay.
You will also be required to complete a ticket declaration form so that your details are checked and kept on record for future reference. The club hopes lots of people will enter the draw and whoever wins shares their experience at the Olympics with a few pictures and a small write up so that we can put these details on our website.
Over the next few days you may receive this Flyer via email this will take a few days but if you are interested please start applying immediately.
Best of Luck to all.
Liverpool Penguin Swimming Club.